About Me

This is me, The Rat...partner since 2001 to Concrete_Man, mum to Rat_Girl (born 13.12.05) and Rat_Boy (born 14.05.09). Co-inhabiting our nest are 2 rather large fury 4 legged rats, Boxer_Dog and Black_Dog. We run a business from the nest with Concrete_Man doing the manly physical work while I stay at home and do the 'other' stuff. This means we are often busy, often stressed and often very tired...but then again who isn't! Anyway that's enough for now. As time goes by you will learn a bit more about the family that is "MummaRat's Nest"

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The start!

Well I've actually done the Shrinking Rat blog once before but it all fell apart and never worked.

But as I seem to be doing ok with blogging now I thought that start a weight loss blog would be a good thing, help me stay motivated.  I've set it up seperately so that anyone just wanting to following the weight loss side of things can and it doesn't get all muddled up in everything else.

Here I have briefly mentioned a weight loss challenge that I was involved in before Chirstmas and that I have lost 5 kgs and managed tow in 3rd place and $55!  Well over the Christmas period I somewhat kept up the same eating habit etc just adding in a few (a lot) of extras.  Thankfully though I still managed to lose a little bit of weight since the challenge.

Anyway a new adventure starts tomorrow, Monday 18th of January, this time for 12 weeks.

This is how it works.  Everyone involved pays $49, this is non-refundable.  Every week we weigh in, we also have measurements at intervals, and we learn a little about health, weightloss , nutrition or exercise.  This time along we also get 1 gym class, which we go to as a group, included in the cost.  The money we pay, some is for admin, some goes to charity, some for the exercise component and the rest goes to the prize pool for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, winners are worked out on weights loss percentage.  There is also a prize for the person who lost the most CM's, that didn't come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

So like I said it starts tomorrow.  I'm going to share my weight, measurements and some before and after photos along the way.  Also what I've done exercise wise etc and what I've been eating and my goals for the challenge and weight loss in general.

Really hoping that this will help to keep me honest and motivated and help me to get some really good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment