About Me

This is me, The Rat...partner since 2001 to Concrete_Man, mum to Rat_Girl (born 13.12.05) and Rat_Boy (born 14.05.09). Co-inhabiting our nest are 2 rather large fury 4 legged rats, Boxer_Dog and Black_Dog. We run a business from the nest with Concrete_Man doing the manly physical work while I stay at home and do the 'other' stuff. This means we are often busy, often stressed and often very tired...but then again who isn't! Anyway that's enough for now. As time goes by you will learn a bit more about the family that is "MummaRat's Nest"

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why is it

That addictions to things like alcohol, drugs and nicotine are recognised but when it comes to a food addiction you are just considered a glutton.

I have serious issues with food, namely chocolate.  Eating chocolate makes me seriously ill, I get stomach craps like there is no tomorrow and I'll end up spending the next 24hours in the toilet.  But does that stop me NO.

It's not that I just have a little here or there, at my bad times I could eat half a kilo in 1 sitting everyday...that is no exaggeration.  Sometimes it's all I think about, it comsumes me and once I start I just can't stop, it's ugly too because I will just shove it in my mouth and I'll even hide so no one can see me.

It's not just the addiction though, chocolate has an instant calming affect over me so when I'm having 'moments' I feel as though I can't calm down and I can't cope unless I eat it.

So today when I purchased some ingredient for Rat_girl to make biscuits with (cherry ripes) they never made it to the biscuits.  I had no intention of eating them...but then I had a 'moment' a major anxiety attack, over what I have no idea, but I couldn't stand the sight or sound of my kids or my partner and all I wanted was chocolate.

Without a breath the cherry ripes (2 king size ones) were gone and I was sitting in my room crying. 

When I told conrete_man he just shook his head and had nothing to say except "just don't eat it, you know what it does to you" to which I replied "just stop smoking you know it causes cancer" ..........."it's not the same thing" he says.  Well I say it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment